There has been a Baptist Chapel in Great Sampford since 1802 and the present building was erected in 1875. It is a typical nineteenth century chapel building being very simple in architecture.
This year 2017 we have managed to replace the church roof and as we go into 2018 we look forward to the building works taking place to convert our church hall into a home for our minister and her husband (the Manse). Planning has been approved and tender documents will be going out to selected builders very soon and we hope to have the house completed for them to move in by the autumn. We will then be concentrating on upgrading our church building into not only our place of worship but also a community space for use by the village during the day. We do have a village hall which forms part of our local primary school therefore the children have need of it most of the day, so we feel our new space will complement and enhance the facilities in the village.
We are a small congregation with a heart for ministry out into our village and surrounding area. We try to follow in the footsteps of our Lord Jesus who spent most of his time with folk outside the Synagogue. We regularly pray for local people’s needs especially when they are ill and for the well-being of the village community as a whole. Anyone needing prayer please let us know. We also seek to make Jesus known to all through our words, deeds and actions.
Our minister is the Rev Sue Johnston who has been here since 2009.
Pastor: Rev Sue Johnston
Tel: 01799 586164